Vampires are a undead species of supernatural creatures introduced in Midnight, Texas.
While the origin of the vampires are still unknown, the species at least dates back more than 200 years.
Vampires are relatively human in appearance. Their most noticeable distinction is their double set of fangs, which are essentially elongated canine teeth. Certain vampires, such as Lemuel Bridger, are easily detected by their vivid blue irises, giving their eyes a distinctive blue glow.
- Super Strength: Vampire possess strength far greater than that of any human. Without any difficulty whatsoever, Lemuel Bridger hoisted a fully grown man in the air with one hand.
- Super Speed: Vampires can run at an incredibly fast rate, far faster than any human possibly could. How their speed compares to other supernatural creatures has yet to be seen.
- Super Senses: Vampires can smell blood from a distance. Lemuel could smell blood from Officer Gomez despite being inside Olivia's second story room in the Pawn Shop.
- Immortality: Vampires never age and are immune to all diseases. They can live potentially forever unless they are killed by one of their weaknesses.
- Human Transformation: Vampires create more of their kind by transforming humans. To do this, a vampire first drinks the human's blood to the point of near-death, then feeds them their own blood. From there, the transformation is instantaneous.
- Vampire Blood: Vampires generally avoid sharing their blood with humans because of the negative side effects that may result from it. Unfortunately, they failed to elaborate on what the side effects consist of. However, the benefits that a human may receive from drinking vampire blood includes enhanced strength and healing. The healing side of this process was proven to be true when Lemuel healed Olivia of her life threatening burns. Within seconds of drinking his blood, she was healed of all pains.
- Energy Absorption: Otherwise known as "Leeching", vampires have the capability to take energy and emotions from both humans and supernatural beings, such as psychics or weretigers, and use that energy as food; this is fatal to other vampires. This is also considered an alternative to drinking blood. Currently, only Lemuel has demonstrated this ability, which was given to him by Xylda. This skill does not bring benefits when practiced on demons . In fact, leeching a demon causes nausea in the vampire, causing them to vomit black blood. 
- Sunlight: For reasons unknown, vampires are harmed by sunlight and are restricted to moving about during the night. Contact with the sun or UV rays of any kind will result in instant death for vampires.
- Wooden Stakes: A wooden stake to the heart will kill a vampire, reducing them to ash instantly.
- Silver: While not potent enough to kill them, silver does have a debilitating effect on vampires.
Although it is currently unknown how often this kind of grouping occurs, a large gathering of vampires are often referred to as a Nest, with each member looking to the next as family. Every nest has a leader, however, it is unknown how that leader is selected. In this case, it was Zachariah. He led a nest a nest of vampires through Midnight, and they unhesitatingly obeyed his every command.
- Contrary to popular beliefs, vampires do not need an invitation to enter inside dwellings. However, witches are able to render dwellings inhospitable to the dead, vampires and ghosts alike, with a spell. Holy water and garlic are other false myths and do not constitute a real weakness to them.