Certain users have access to special tools and functions on this wiki due to being promoted to an administrative status, these users are known as Administrators. While most functions are open to all contributors of the site, there's certain things that only certain users can do, such as changing the theme, promoting other users, deleting pages that not longer serve a purpose etc.
Administrator Powers Edit
- Access to Wiki Features which allows admins to see features they can enable (or disable) on the wiki, including chat, forum, message walls and article comments.
- Customizing the community's design. An admin can do this by visiting the Theme Designer, where he/she can add color and style to the background and wordmark for the desktop visitors.
- Customize the mobile home page and convert infoboxes to the new portable infobox format for the mobile device visitors.
- Look through the various useful reports available at Special:Insights including popular pages, uncategorized pages, and wanted pages for ideas on ways to improve your community.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking articles in order to prevent disruptive editing or vandalism, or unlocking a page, so that all users can contribute to it.
- Block IP addresses or user names from editing; this is typically done when a user has been accused of "trolling" or vandalising an article.
Bureaucrat Powers Edit
A Bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They also have the power to Promote users to higher statuses such as "Rollback", "Chat Moderator", "Discussion Moderator", "Administrator" and many others.
However, once a user has become a bureaucrat, this power cannot be taken away from them by anyone else on the wiki, not even a fellow bureaucrat.
Becoming an Administrator Edit
For a user to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat rights must bestow that position upon said user. As of right now, this wiki is in no need of more admins, but if the time ever comes, a new admin will be carefully chose by the community.
If there are no active bureaucrats and you wish to become an administrator, you can always adopt the wiki, to do so, contact the community staff. If there are other active editors but no active bureaucrats/admins, you should first discuss with them on a blog of who should become an admin.
How to Use Administrator Powers? Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Wiki's Administrators & Bureaucrats Edit
|Image||Users||Status||Date of Promotion||Rights|
|Killer Kev||Active||Monday, Oct 24, 2016||Administrator and Bureaucrat|
|Other Wikis:The Vampire Diaries, Teen Wolf, and Van Helsing|
|Bennett Blood Mage 18||Active||Tuesday, Oct 25, 2016||Administrator and Bureaucrat|
|Other Wikis: The Vampire Diaries|